Tuesday 12 April 2016

Finally got time to work on that post I mentioned last week.  It took me so long to get back to it because I was busy trying to figure out who Negan killed.  It better not be Glenn or Daryl or I will be:

a) extremely highly annoyed

Humanity

It's something that needs to be stressed.  The human factor.  I'm not talking about the scammers and cheaters.  They can take a long walk off a short pier.

I'm talking about the honest workers. Like me.  And from what has become apparent, Crowdflower has let the scammers and cheaters cloud their vision, and they don't see the rest of us. The "everyday" people.  The human beings who have lives, families, hopes, dreams.  The ones who would rather take a wrong correction for a RIGHT answer than give a WRONG answer that would be accepted.

Some time ago there was a letter writing campaign as part of the turker's We Are Dynamo project.  Turkers wrote to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to tell him a bit about themselves and why they were turking.  They did this to show their humanity, and that they are all different and they turk for different reasons.  They wanted to show that they aren't just some "algorithm" getting the work done.  They are human beings.  Real people that deserve to be treated with respect and be treated fairly.

As an honest Crowdflower worker I feel the same way. We are real people too.  We also deserve to be treated fairly and with respect.  And if only ONE thing gets accomplished with this blog, I hope it's this.

So I will continue with the good fight.  Some may not like what I have to say, but that only means that what I am saying is hitting close to home.